We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au.
Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, post code, and contact details. It may include financial information, including your credit card information.
What personal information do we collect?
We only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our services, functions or activities, including our free trial, purchasing product, enquiring about our services, and only when necessary for, or directly related to our purposes. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to provide you with some or all of our services.
We may collect to following types of personal information:
- Contact details, including name, pet's name, mailing or street address, email address and telephone number;
- Identification information about you;
- Identification information about your pet, such as breed, gender, age;
- Details of products and services you have purchased or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to effect those purchases and respond to your enquiries;
- Your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the website, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
- Information you provide to us through customer surveys and any information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our Website or to our representatives, or indirectly through your use of our Website or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- Information about you contained in images or video in store or at events, in compliance with relevant surveillance legislation;
- With your consent, your pet's health or sensitive information relating to your pet; or
- Any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties, such as individuals who purchase tickets on your behalf. We may collect this information:
- When you register on our website;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- When you sign up to a trial;
- When you purchase product;
- When you sign up for a subscription service;
- When you enter competitions or submit an entry for judging;
- When you communicate with us through correspondence, online chat, email or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
- When you interact with our Website, services, content and advertising: or
- From our partners, including third party suppliers, such as third party service providers.
Applying for a job
In addition, when you apply for a job or position with us, we may collect certain information from you (including your name, contact details, working history and relevant records checks) from any recruitment consultant, your previous employers and others who may be able to provide information to us to assist in our decision on whether or not to make you an offer of employment or engage you under a contract.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with, and allow you to have a free trial;
- To provide you with our products;
- To provide you with subscription services;
- To enable you to access our website;
- To enable you to receive our newsletter;
- To operate, improve and optimise our website and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
- To send you reminders, notifications in case of changes;
- To send you marketing or promotional messages, and other information that we think you may find interesting;
- To administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our partners;
- To comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
- To consider your employment application.
We may use or disclose information we hold about you in order to combine such information with information about you collected from or held by other trusted partners or from public sources and, in some cases, we may use a trusted service provider to undertake this process. We do this so that we and those other trusted partners can better understand your preferences and interests, personalize your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive in order to serve you better.
Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
Making you aware of carefully selected information about Ocean Forest Farm, its current products and initiatives and other future products and services is an integral part of our services. We may use your personal information to tailor the communications you receive, to tell you about the initiatives provided by Ocean Forest Farm or our partners that may appeal to you and to engage with you in relation to, and provide you information about new products, services and opportunities.
Those communications may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. If you do not want to receive marketing materials from us, please opt out by using the opt out facilities provided in the communications (eg the unsubscribe link) or by contacting us using the details set out below.
We may also disclose to our trusted partners or media agencies, such as Facebook and Google, de-identified identifiers which are allocated to you, and which are associated with other information that we hold about you. We do this so that we can provide you with tailored information and content when you visit the website of, or interact with, those partners and agencies.
To whom do we disclose your personal information?
- Our employees and related bodies corporate;
- Third party suppliers and service providers (including mail houses, IT providers, payment system providers, consultants, contractors, agents and persons who collaborate with us of help us deliver products or services);
- Our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
- Anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
- Specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us, including payment system operators (including merchants receiving card payments); and/or
- Other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorized or permitted by law.
In order to improve future programming and marketing, we may use or disclose ticketing information with other artistic companies and agencies for research purposes. We will only disclose this information where we have aggregated and processed the information into a format such that you will not be able to be identified.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our third-party service providers, including providers located in the United States.
Using our website and cookies
We may collect personal information about you when you use and access our website.
Whilst we do not use browsing information to identify you personally, we may record certain information about your use of the website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may also use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage., remember your preferences and facilitate online transactions. Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize you across different websites, services, devices and/or browsing sessions. You can disable cookies through your internet browser, but our website may not work as intended for you if you do so.
We do not identify users or any browser activity outside this website, except in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may have a warrant to inspect activity logs.
We use this data to analyse the pages that are visited, to improve your experience and make sure our website is useful.
You can read more about how Google uses data here https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites. You can choose not to allow Google to collect your information by opting out of Google Analytics with this browser add-on https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorized access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information
You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all your personal information and, where this is the case, we will tell you why, we may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information.
If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint
If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the details set out below. Please include your name, email address and/ or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and will respond to you regarding your complaint, within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.
The Privacy Officer
Ocean Forest Farm Pty Ltd
14 Production St, Noosaville QLD 4566
0401 195 665